Immediate UN Response for coherent safeguarding the livelihoods of people made most vulnerable by COVID-19 in Nepal
Objectives: Overall management of financial transaction to Road maintenance workers in their individual account as per monthly performance base work evaluation and certification by Team Leader/SRRME.
- Sign two party agreement between ILO and the Organization.
- Sign contracts with Road Maintenance groups (RMG) in each district.
- Facilitate the opening of RMG group bank account and ensure the update of individual bank accounts of RMG members.
- Facilitate COVID-19 and accidental insurance for all RMG members.
- Transfer wages of RMG workers into their individual bank account based on the recommendation and certification by TL/SRRME by the first week of each month. Ensure the verification and transparency of the payments in accordance to the prevailing government’s rules and regulation. Make transactions only through the recommendation by TL/SRRME. Ensure the wage payments through bank transfers only to the individual RMG’s bank account.
- Prepare and submit the monthly financial report to TL/SRRME & ILO with all supporting documents such as vouchers, payment slips, bank statements and such.
- Consult with ILO regarding the need of any additional levy required while transferring the fund from respective bank.
- Maintain and establish effective communication, coordination and cooperation with banks ensuring the solving of dispute or obstruction in the fund transaction immediately.
- Maintain inventory of the construction tools and PPE gears provided to the RMGs and keep them in check.
- Provide required assistance to TL/SRRME as relevant and as per the
Project period: 3 months (8th September, 2020 to 30th November, 2020)
Project Location: 10 district (Nawalparasi West, Rupandehi , Kapilvastu, Palpa, Arghakhachi, Gulmi, Pyuthan, Dang, Banke and Bardiya) of Lumbini Province
Funding Partner (s): International Labour Organization (ILO), Country Office for Nepal
Implementation Partner (s): Road Maintenance Groups (RMGs)
Major Achievements: From 8th September, 2020 to present date
- A coordination meeting was held about implementation of proposed programme with Team leader through telephone and virtual meeting after the signing of the contract in second week of September 2020. Instructions were obtained about the requirement of service deliver in this programme within the limit of ToR.
- PPEs required for the staffs and Team of ILO Emergency Maintenance teams are procured and are on the process of transfer to Butwal.
- Staff hiring, agreement and orientation of 3 staffs (1 – Program Coordinator, 1 – Admin and Finance officer, 1 – Field Supervisor) (The name list of the hired staffs is in Annex – I).
- Activities Schedule work plan was prepared and submitted to TL and ILO (The work plan is in Annex – II).
- 10 RMG Groups had been formed and Completed RMG Contract agreements with 10 Road Maintenance Groups (RMGs) from 10 districts of Province 5 in the recommendation from Team Leader. (Detailed information of the RMGs is on Annex – III and Agreement documents with RMGs and CIVIC forum is in Annex-V).
- Obtained detailed information of 265 RMG members and facilitated in creation and update of 10 RMG group bank accounts along with 265 RMG members individual bank accounts. (Detailed information of the bank accounts is on Annex – IV).
- Accidental and COVID-19 Insurance carried out for all 265 RMG members effective from 15th September 2020 to 30th November 2020.